[rescue] Re: first real server hardware

Nathaniel Grady nate at nutopia.org
Thu Apr 15 19:34:09 CDT 2004

On April 15, 2004 3:18:05 PM CDT, Francois Dion wrote:
> I'm assuming you have a workstation of some sort that can do X
> Windows? Even a Windows box can be coaxed into that. I typically
> connect using Putty SSH with X forwarding and use Reflection X.

I just switched from X-Win32, which was fairly buggy, to Cygwin/X and
have found it to be surprisingly usable. I've been using it for about a
month now, and have yet to have a problem with it. On the down side,
you have to install a bunch of other Cygwin stuff, but it's also fairly
handy if you're stuck on a windows box. I know I tried many moons ago
when it was fairly young and found it most unsatisfactory, but it seems
to have come of age.

--Nathaniel Grady