[rescue] Tektronix printer

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Thu Apr 15 16:30:36 CDT 2004

Ok, the problem isn't "cleaning" it's that a spring clutch
needs oil.

1. find clutch housing.  (pull out left side door on 740,
look at row of 6 plastic gears, clutch is attached to middle
gear. the clutch housing is a black plastic cylinder about 3/4"
diameter. It has a plastic "disc" attached to the outside
end. This disk also has a 1/2" tab extending away from the gear.
The inside end is close to the gear.

2. Place a drop of wd-40 on the inside and outside edges
of the clutch housing, *without getting oil anywhere else*.
On the outside edge apply oil to between the clutch housing
and the disc at the end.

3. The clutch housing should rotate without rotating the disc
at the end.

I don't know if this applies to other models but it does the trick
with the Phaser 740.

KL