[rescue] first real server hardware

William G. Gruesbeck bgruesbeck at daysys.com
Thu Apr 15 15:26:12 CDT 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

>>No, I'd suggest just running it headless.  If you need X, run an X server
>>on a PC/Linux/Mac machine, and just export your DISPLAY variable over to
>>point to the other machine.

Now that you and Sheldon have mentioned it, it's more than likely
exactly what I'll end up doing.
I really don't want to futz around with the X graphical login stuff just
yet.

>>They're nice, good, solid, QUIET machines.  AnySystem is a GREAT company;
>>the current SunHELP server (a fully-loaded E3000) is from them.
>>
>>Bill

I'm glad to hear that this type of machine is all of those qualities.
And, one of the reasons I decided to go with AnySystem was the fact that
everyone here on the list has talked highly of them. The fact that they
have some awesome warranty information on auctioned hardware speaks
volumes as well.