[rescue] Tektronix printer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 14:59:18 CDT 2004

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
> Date: 2004/04/15 Thu PM 07:47:15 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Tektronix printer

> I spend my printing days lusting after color, a straight-
> through paper path for heavy stock, and, at times, a
> 500-sheet paper tray I could just dump a full ream into
> instead of the Laserjet 4's 200-sheet tray.

Why do vendors make printers with sub-ream paper trays?

You buy paper in reams, and the manufacturers tell you to not leave open reams lying around... AFAIK it is just like building houses with shallow basements - it's jsut another run or two of cinderblocks to make a wonderful tall basement. To increase most printers to accomodate a full ream should only mean adding an inch or so the the height of the paper tray...