[rescue] Tektronix printer

Mark Price mark at tqhosting.com
Thu Apr 15 10:39:58 CDT 2004

Does anyone here know a lot about these beasts?

I rescued a Tektronix Phaser 550.  It looks like a nice sturdy color
laser but is giving me some problems.  When I send a print job, it will
warm up, then start making clunking noises (sounds like knocking on
wood) then sometimes it will "Jam at A".  When it jams, the paper has
come half way out of the tray and started going through the rollers, but
there is no jam or wrinkled paper..

any ideas or printer troubleshooting links would be appreciated.. I've
been googling

Mark