[rescue] FS/BO: E250 Bases [Central NJ/Eastern PA]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 10:00:43 CDT 2004

Hello all,

I've done some soul searching, and decided that I have no real use for these
systems, so I'm offering them up for sale, Best Offer.

The E250 system is a dual processor capable system with 6 drive slots, able to
accomodate 1.6" SCA drives in each slot without blocking any other drive slot.
It also has a remote console card, and can accomodate upto 16 memory DIMMs of
the SS20/Ultra 1/Ultra 2/etc. variety (up to 128 Meg per DIMM, IIRC).

I have two system units, both in good condition, one with "skins" the other
with a rack mount kit (sliding rails).

I can offer these bases "bare" (PS, CD, key, remote management card), or
configured (based on what CPU/Memory/HDs I have available), so rather than
guess a config/price, I'll leave it to interested parties to propose a config
& price).

These are heavy units, and quite large (relative to desktop Ultras), so I
suspect the only real practical option is for local pick-up, but I can ship
*one*, as one came shipped to me and I still have the packaging.

I also have a "spare" power supply for an E250, if anyone is interested.

I'd like to line up a buyer by the end of day Friday, but the sale doesn't
need to happen before, say, end of month (to allow time to arrange $$$, if
needed).

I'd value an E250 base with no RAM, HD, or CPU (but with one power supply) at
about $175, more for the rack mount with rails, but that is just a guide -
feel free to make an offer if I am way off base...

Please contact me off-list if interested photos/specific part numbers can be
provided.

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net