[rescue] Current collections...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 9 12:49:46 CDT 2004

On Apr 9, 2004, at 1:49 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>    This is what I'm working on getting for my computer room.  They do
>> work very well.
>
> What sort of technology do they use that a 24KBTU air conditioner can
> fit in so small a space?  Also, how energy-efficient are they?

   It's a cross betweeen a window unit and a central air conditioning
system.  There's a compressor that mounts outside, and a coil & blower
that mounts inside on the wall, connected by a bundle of cables and
freon tubes through a 3" (or so) hole in the wall.

   I get the impression that they're pretty efficient, but I don't have
actual numbers handy.  As I understand it, though, freon
compressor-based air cooling systems generally become more efficient as
they get larger, though I don't understand why.

          -Dave