[rescue] Replacement for canned air?

Mike F lists at ibrew.net
Fri Apr 9 08:56:37 CDT 2004

Dan Williams wrote:
[snip]
> They are 3ft cylinders with a mixture of 60% nitrogen 40% co2, standard
> for lager. I am fully aware of the dangers of these but short bursts to
> clean stuff in a large ventilated room, or even outside won't do any
> harm. You'd be more likley to hurt yourself dropping it on your foot, or
> as you said burning your hand if you do it without gloves.
>
> Dan

Yep, I have a 5 lb. straight CO2 tank for my beer keg, but I
never considered using it to blow dust out of machines. Anyway,
I'd have to figure out some type of fitting to interface with
the ball-lock keg fitting. As you said, though, the nitrogen
blend would be slightly safer than pure CO2.
- Mike

p.s. - I think nitrogen serving gas has become over-used. It's
fine for Guinness, Murphy's, Beamish, etc. But personally I
think it's nasty for lighter ales and session beers.