[rescue] Current collections...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 8 15:16:36 CDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Goodwill here had some insane 144-port 10baseT hub a while back (bunch of
> boards in a huge rackmount backplane) for $75 a while back.
>
> My thought: "MY GOD, THE COLLISIONS"

Haha.  My fiancee attends MIT and lives in a dorm that continually gets
the shaft from IT when it comes to upgrades.  Picture 100-something
students on one of those.  With wireless APs hanging off the walls.

When I was visiting her, I was doing laundry, and the switch was really
near the washing machines.  I never one saw the collision rate drop
below 40%.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."