[rescue] Replacement for canned air?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Apr 8 14:21:27 CDT 2004

"From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
"Most canned air is not really "air", it is some kind of gas which I
"believe has less risk of static charges.

a freon?  or co2?

"We also had a computer vacuum that was supposed to allow you to touch
"machines without zapping them.

at $FIRST_SA_JOB we had one of those.  someone stenciled '/dev/null'
on the sides...  the copier vac sounds a lot like it.

and we used to joke about how the sysops [as opposed to us
-sysadmins-] didn't have to scuff their feet to generate a static
charge, they built enough up dragging their knuckles...