[rescue] So, I'm bringing up my E3000....

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 8 12:15:20 CDT 2004

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 @ 19:47 -0700, Skeezics Boondoggle said:

> I may be old fashioned, but I hate that you can't find appropriately-
> sized boot drives anymore.  A pair of 9gig drives is plenty in most
> situations - I still set up a mirrored / & /var, interleave swap - and all
> user data on a separate set of drives, or a NetApp. :-)

I've always wondered... how does performance work out when a drive is
partially mirrored, with swap interleaved?

I've thought of mirroring part of some of my drives too, but always felt
like it was wrong to mirror partitions instead of entire drives.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word." -- Andrew Jackson]