[rescue] Current collections...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Apr 5 23:20:27 CDT 2004

> >> Apple PowerMac G4 - 2x 1.25 GHz, 1.25 GB, 2x 23" Cinema Display,
> >> Matrox
> >> RTMac, M-Audio AP2496, FCAL, 2x Ultra3 SCSI, RAID, FCP4, Common LISP,
> >> Virtual PC 5 & 6, OS X 10.3.3, etc.
> >
> > Do you have the Apple FC HBA?  If so, do you know the OEM for it?  I
> > want to
> > add a FC HBA to my G4 but I want to avoid having to pay $500 for the
> > Apple
> > card if I can get by with an OEM model that's cheaper.
>
> No, mine's an ATTO FC/SW. No longer current, but still has current
> driver support for 10.3. I'm not sure how much longer they'll update
> that, though. My biggest gripe with it is that it's not DPMI aware, so
> I can't put my Mac to sleep with the card installed. I thought I knew
> who OEM'd the Apple HBA, but I can't find it in my notes right now.

The current ATTO is at least twice the price of the Apple card (so I can't
understand why anyone would buy a new ATTO instead of a new Apple card).

I don't mind not being able to put my Mac to sleep since the video card I
have in it (Radeon 8500) has problems waking up from sleep.  I just don't
let the Mac sleep.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net