[rescue] Current collections...

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Mon Apr 5 22:26:30 CDT 2004

On Apr 5, 2004, at 8:23 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:

>> Apple PowerMac G4 - 2x 1.25 GHz, 1.25 GB, 2x 23" Cinema Display,
>> Matrox
>> RTMac, M-Audio AP2496, FCAL, 2x Ultra3 SCSI, RAID, FCP4, Common LISP,
>> Virtual PC 5 & 6, OS X 10.3.3, etc.
>
> Do you have the Apple FC HBA?  If so, do you know the OEM for it?  I
> want to
> add a FC HBA to my G4 but I want to avoid having to pay $500 for the
> Apple
> card if I can get by with an OEM model that's cheaper.

No, mine's an ATTO FC/SW. No longer current, but still has current
driver support for 10.3. I'm not sure how much longer they'll update
that, though. My biggest gripe with it is that it's not DPMI aware, so
I can't put my Mac to sleep with the card installed. I thought I knew
who OEM'd the Apple HBA, but I can't find it in my notes right now.

ok
bear