[rescue] New acquisition... (AIX)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 5 11:59:30 CDT 2004

On Apr 5, 2004, at 9:05 AM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>> Damn, man, save some for the rest of us! 8-)
>
> He is.  He is saving them from being destroyed, and preserving the
> knowledge of how to run them.

   Well yes, but not too many J90s get scrapped, unless they come from
gov't facilities.  In supercomputer terms, they're just not that old
yet.  But they will be...and we need to grab them *now*.

> Now, if only he would share the ones he's saved more. ;)

   How would you propose I do that? ;)  I'm working on drumming up the
cash for the new air conditioner in the computer room.  When that
happens, I will have the ability to run more of these machines.

           -Dave