[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Apr 4 12:01:07 CDT 2004

"From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
"
"On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:19:36AM -0700, Dan Duncan wrote:
">
"> Call me crazy, but...  I have one advantage over the local
"> quickie oil change place:  I can change my oil when the
"> engine has cooled.  I tend not to burn my hand that way.
"
"Funny ...  I prefer to change my oil when it's hot.
"
"You get more complete drainage that way, and more of the crud and sludge
"comes out with the oil.  (And getting the crud and sludge out is, after
"all, at least half the point; which is why I don't use synthetic wonder
"oils in my cars -- sure, PennExxAcoOline WonderOne may have a viscosity
"life of 100,000 miles, but it's carrying around just as much filth after
"the first 5,000 of them as a quart of K-Mart Economy K-Oil.)

that's why you still change your -filter- every 5k mi when you run
synth oil.