[rescue] 680x0 & PowerPC books

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Apr 4 07:21:50 CDT 2004

Francois Dion <fdion at atriumwindows.com> wrote:

Drat it, I wanted these:

> MC68030 Enhanced 32-bit microprocessor user's manual third edition
> (Prentice Hall)
> MC68040 32-bit microprocessor User's manual (Motorola)
> MC68851 Paged memory management unit User's Manual (Motorola)

> PowerPC Microprocessor developer's Guide, first edition by John Bunda,
> Terrence Potter & Robert Shadowen (Sams)

... but I wasn't fast enough.

I have the 68040 and the PPC stuff as PDF, but much prefer dead-tree
versions. I'm also after 68030 MMU programming information, but the PDF
downloadable from Motorola's site is corrupt.

Anybody know where/if I can get these (paper or electronic)?

(And if you've got a manual for the G5 that covers Altivec, you can have my
first born.)

--
So, you're saying that we're like the abused spouse who can't leave?
		- Tai in The Other Place, with an epiphany about sysadminning