[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sat Apr 3 09:04:37 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > Call me crazy, but...  I have one advantage over the local
> > quickie oil change place:  I can change my oil when the
> > engine has cooled.  I tend not to burn my hand that way.
>
> Funny ...  I prefer to change my oil when it's hot.
>
> You get more complete drainage that way, and more of the crud and sludge
> comes out with the oil.  (And getting the crud and sludge out is, after
> all, at least half the point; which is why I don't use synthetic wonder
> oils in my cars -- sure, PennExxAcoOline WonderOne may have a viscosity
> life of 100,000 miles, but it's carrying around just as much filth after
> the first 5,000 of them as a quart of K-Mart Economy K-Oil.)

I said cooled, not cold.

When I do it myself, I do it when it's no longer hot enough to burn me,
but warm enough that the oil still flows.  Lately I don't have time to
do it myself, but I'll be unemployed at the end of this month so perhaps
I can catch up.

-DanD

# You smash it - and Ill build around it.
# 		JOHN LENNON