[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Fri Apr 2 22:28:47 CST 2004

Brian Dunbar wrote:

>>> Oh, I dunno. It's always fun to do it once, just to see whether
>>> Dilbert is
>>> parody or documentary.
>>

>> Dilbert is a documentary, of course. We all know it is true yet hope
>> it isn't.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> (Yes, as or a purchase a year or so ago, I work for a big company...)
>

> But what is 'big'?

We went from around 500 or so employees in (mostly) three locations to
tens of thousands all over the country. People who make decisions know
nothing about my office or how we do business. The bulk of the company
is in manufacturing, and don't understand doing business on the
Internet. My company before purchase had more Internet bandwidth than
the whole huge company does now. They tried to tell us that we had to
use their Internet connection. That type of reasoning applies to many
decisions still.

In addition, it is obvious to all that each of us in only one in tens of
thousands. Corporate does not appear to give a rat's ass about any of us...

Steve