[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Apr 2 11:36:07 CST 2004

James says ...

> Of course, the part I hate about stupid filter locations is the oil spewed
> all over the engine bay. My Suzuki V6 does that and it stinks for
> a few days afterward.

This can be mitigated by slipping a plastic bag over the filter after you
loosen it initially, but before it's loose enough to leak.  The contortions
required to minimize spillage depend on the lunacy of the filter location,
but it can help a lot.  I've usually used bread-loaf bags, which offer the
additional benefit of being long enough to tie in a knot, thus encapsulating
both the filter and the oil.

-Shel