[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 1 14:17:10 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Actually I had to watch maybe 6 month ago when some .gov agency who had
> a warehouse across the street where taking apart sun e6500 and disk
> arrays and then smashing the parts with hammers.

All those computers, whose memories "may have"[0] held onto fragments of
classified information, smashed to bits by a paranoid government with
enough firepower and make anyone who angered them just "vanish".

Do they not seem to realize that there's less of a chance of getting
useful data out of a long-since powered-down DRAM chip than there is in
getting useful data out of the microscopic impressions in the tops of
the desks that they gleefull rid themselves of at public auctions?

Noooooo, because it's a COMPUTAR, it must be MAGICAL.

Idiots.

Humans should evolve to the point of having a self-destruct mechanism
that engages when induhviduals get entirely too stupid for their own good.

[0] Read as "in no way could have"
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."