[rescue] Weird Silicon Graphics o2 graphics issues

Benjamin Gardiner cvisors at carnagevisors.net
Tue Sep 30 22:34:16 CDT 2003

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> It doesn't look good, but before saying that it definitely is a
> hardware problem, I would ask for the full output from:
>
> Running the command 'xdpyinfo'
>
> The full contents of the Xserver file (which has all the command line
> options that the X server is started with)
>
> Also a few tests should be in order:
>
> What happens:
>
> if you turn off backing store?
> if you change resolution?
> if you change color depth?
> if you disable the 8bit PseudoColor overlay plane?
>
> Remember that even the dmedia stuff from SGI has bugs in it... perhaps
> this is some kind of weirdness that is being tickled that won't be
> under slightly different X server configuration.
>
> --Patrick

Okay Patrick, I have run a number of tests, and at all resolutions and
colour modes available to me via the "control panel" display the demo
distort displays the the same problem.

Also I did have -class TrueColor -depth 24 added to my
/var/X11/xdm/Xservers for these tests though I reverted back to the
original one.

another thing I noticed with distort, this effect depends on image size
for example:
with an image size of 57k its fine
with an image size of 226k its fine
with an image size of 900k its not and displays the split image issue.

Benjamin
--
one you lock the target
two you bait the line