[rescue] mouse options for ultra2?

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Sep 30 19:41:06 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 02:23 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Hmmmm.  If someone made a PS/2<->USB dongle that went in that
> direction,
> that just might work on a Macintosh.  I've heard rumors that USB
> keyboards with a vendor key map to Command on Mac and Meta on Sun.
> That
> would be -great!-.

I currently have a Samsung USB keyboard on my Mac (got it
from Novak in a swap) as the Mac is not in the same room
as the PC with the M$ Natural Pro.  It works fine with the
Mac--the "Windows" key is the splat/command key.  So if the
adaptor works, then it should work on the Mac.

(Aside, anyone know if they make something like the type M
that's a little quieter?  I seem to be really sensitive to
that keybounce frequency that the keyboard puts out.)

The advantage of the M$ keyboard (other than the shape) is
that M$ has an app/extension that allows you to swap key
locations and program the "internet buttons" under both
OS X and OS 9.

=Nadine=