[rescue] OT: FeeCee rescue

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Sep 30 17:11:20 CDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 04:36:09PM -0400, Derek Andersen wrote:

> Yeah, my $250 O2 (bought in spring of this year) isn't looking so hot
> right now...I keep seeing Octanes for around $200 that are much nicer. :(

Ouch.  That was too much for a r5k-180.  If it was a r5k-200 (the real
thing, not the overclocked one) you'd be much happier (though I still
would have thought it wasn't a great deal).  Do you at least have the AV
option?

> I certainly intend to get an Octane as soon as I can afford to (again,
> I'm broke...). I'm also rather annoyed that I didn't pick up the Ultra
> 10 (w/Creator 3D, I think) at the university auction--it went for (I
> think) $105.

Yeah, the Ultra10 would have been a much better deal, unless you had a
darn good reason the O2 would be a better choice (at this point, if they
were equally priced I'd go for an O2 if it had an AV module, otherwise
it would be a toss up determined by what I felt like at the moment).