Unemployment on the Rescue List? (was RE: [rescue] FS: SGI

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Sep 30 17:03:41 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 08:27 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 01:16:01AM -0700, N.Miller wrote:
>> A friend of a friend works @Danger, so I have a little visibility
>> into the company...I'm very glad I didn't bother to apply for the
>> sys admin job they had (have?) posted.  Not that I'd have been
>> called anyway.
>
> Why so?  Not a good company to work for?

Sys admin job up on their web site in Silicon Valley for 3+
months?  Either it's not a real job or something's wrong.
In discussions through my friend, I found out that employees
referring resumes to the recruiters were basically ignored
or worse, given crap about it.  Other little details came
out that just gave me the impression that it was not a place
I'd want to work.

I suppose I *would* work there if I was offered a job at this
point, but if they are not looking at resumes referred by
engineers in-house, what's the point of trying to apply from
outside?

Just seemed jinky and since at the time I was in interviews
with two other companies I didn't bother.

=Nadine=