[rescue] OT: FeeCee rescue

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Sep 30 16:29:46 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 12:58, Shirker wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
> > Argh. All this windoze and feecee talk is starting to poison this otherwise
> > seriously cool list. :(
>
> Sorry! :(
>
> I did ask it to stay off-list...
>
> Maybe there could be rescue-x86tat at sunhelp.org?

<soapbox>

I'm not big x86 fan...  their OK depending on your needs.... but
what makes some PCs worth any less rescuing than UNIX/VMS/etc boxen ?

Multiprocessor 486 systems.... pretty rare.... definately something
I'd be interested in in my collection....

Maybe 386 multiproc systems if they ever existed...

server class PCs.... hey... I wouldn't mind a dual Xeon box...

This list is rescue... I personally don't see anything wrong with
rescuing a PC and talking about it... it is on topic as far as
I am concerned....

we have delete keys....  you see a thread you don't want to watch
it is easy enough to kill....

I personally have an original IBM PC, XT, and AT ... they are
part of my rescue collection (although IMHO nowhere near as cool,
fun, and valuable (to me) as my SGI Indigos, Sun2/120, Sun3 stuff,
Sun386i, Sun486i, Altos 886, etc).  Still a 'rescue'.

</soapbox>