[rescue] OT: FeeCee rescue

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Tue Sep 30 09:32:56 CDT 2003

 Shirker says ...

> (Well, it's DEC...)
>
> Hi rescuers,
>
> Last night I acquired what is for a FeeCee a rather cool system. It's a
> DEC motherboard of some type, with EISA and PCI slots and onboard
> Adaptec Wide SCSI and Cirrus Logic graphics, and the CPUs are on
> removable cards which go in a slot like a COAST SIMM slot, but about
> 1.5-2x as long.
>
> I have a CPU card with a 486dx4-100 Overdrive CPU on it, another with
> what looks like a 486DX2 of some kind on it, and the interesting one:
> a CPU card with two Socket 5 sockets on it for two Pentium chips.

Sounds like it may be a later version (or just a different version) of the
DCE ApplicationDEC 500xP servers I have.  I believe those things came in a
"400xP" version.

>From memory, mine has only EISA slots, 2 SIMM sockets on the mobo, IDE on
the mobo, more SIMM sockets on a riser card, and one P-60 on a riser card.
I have no idea what they called the slots for the memory and CPU riser
cards.  Mine came with EISA SCSI cards, one-gig drives, 72 megs of RAM, and
SCO UNIX.  They ran 24/7 for years, and I think the third one is still doing
so in New York.

-Shel