[rescue] Dual head Octane SI + ESI

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Mon Sep 29 07:45:33 CDT 2003

Jochen Kunz wrote:

> > > That is the SE GFX.
> >
> > Is it? In that case, shouldn't the SI show up there too?
>
> Have a look at http://www.btinternet.com/~mfinbow/sgi/octane/partnos.html
>     MOT10 Board: barcode KGR298     part 030-1241-002 rev  J
> Is the SE GFX.
>     GM10 Board: barcode GAK372     part 030-0938-003 rev  T
> Is the SI GFX.

ACK! (SYN?)
I missed that GM10 part. My fault, sorry. :-)

> > White leds would be cool. Are you using wide-angle clear glass leds?
>
> They are quite narrow angle LEDs. I got them for free, so I didn't ask.
> The blue light is a bit concentrated in the middle of the light bar, but
> IMHO it looks good. A super bright wide angle LED may be better. Perhaps
> I try this when I go to the electronics shop next time.

I feel horrified thinking we're ricing up our Octanes. *shiver*
Anyway, I'll probably order some of the white LEDs. Are you using 3mm or
5mm? 3mm would be the most space efficient, but they're harder to solder
onto the bord.

For some reason SGI decided to use a red LED for the fault light. Why on
EARTH didn't they use regular white/blue/green/whatever LEDs for the
normal light? *confused*

/Bjorn