[rescue] Dual head Octane SI + ESI

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Sep 29 06:59:04 CDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 01:21:18PM +0200, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> > That is the SE GFX.
> Is it? In that case, shouldn't the SI show up there too?
Have a look at http://www.btinternet.com/~mfinbow/sgi/octane/partnos.html
    MOT10 Board: barcode KGR298     part 030-1241-002 rev  J
Is the SE GFX.
    GM10 Board: barcode GAK372     part 030-0938-003 rev  T
Is the SI GFX.

> Do you have a PCI carrier? Cause I don't...
No PCI.

> 1GB is certainly enough, and the only disadvantage with only 1.2 Xbow is
> that I can't do VPro and such niftyness. I don't even know if I can do
> SE/SSE/MXE gfx?
AFAIK you can do SI/SSI/MXI/SE/SSE/MXE with any Xbow revision.

> I'd guess. I have a radio repairment show down town here that hold
> (among many other things) blue leds. I have yet to find usefulness for
> such things, until now that is.
Well. Both lamps in both machines where broken. So somthing had to happen.

> White leds would be cool. Are you using wide-angle clear glass leds? If
> the angle is too narrow, it would probably give a strange light
> phenomena. :-)
They are quite narrow angle LEDs. I got them for free, so I didn't ask.
The blue light is a bit concentrated in the middle of the light bar, but
IMHO it looks good. A super bright wide angle LED may be better. Perhaps
I try this when I go to the electronics shop next time.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen