[rescue] Re: Unemployment on the Rescue List?

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Fri Sep 26 18:44:36 CDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 04:04:28PM -0400, Shannon wrote:
> Once I stopped, I found that every time I drank it again, I hated it.

Two things I really notice about the taste:

1.  chlorinated water - I went to Germany for two weeks and drank Coke
there; then came back, opened a can and gagged as memories of public
swimming pool water went through my mind.

2.  High fructose corn syrup - thanks to the politically-connected
Fanjul family of Florida, sugar is too expensive to be used as a
sweetener, so this stuff is used.  It makes your soft drink taste
"slimy" somehow.  Look for a specialty soft drink maker that uses
actual sugar and you will see what I mean.

> I love Stewarts Key Lime.

Yummy.  I also liked Barq's French Vanilla Cream Soda but haven't seen
it recently.

> I still like real fountain sodas, but I've always liked that better than
> canned and bottled soda.

Believe it or not, but McDonald's seems to have the best sodas - I hear
that they have a big filter in each franchise that filters the water
used in the machines.

OT, I know...

--P