[rescue] Re: Unemployment on the Rescue List?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Sep 26 13:36:54 CDT 2003

> I've recently given up soda cold-turkey.  I haven't drunk anything but
> diet soda in years, but even at that I gave it up.  Partly due to a
> discussion on another list, and partly just to see what would happen.
>
> One effect  of not drinking diet soda has been that I have, now, almost
> *no* heartburn.  Ever.  Used to be that, after a spaghetti dinner with
> red sauce (common in my house) I'd end up awake at 2:00am in
> excrutiating pain.  Now, nothing.  I also tend not to snore as much for
> some reason.

I, too, gave up soda cold-turkey after drinking Diet Coke on a large scale
daily.  After not drinking any for a couple of weeks, I bought one since I
was incredibly thirsty and there wasn't anything but a soda machine around.
I felt miserable all evening after drinking the Diet Coke.

Now I drink iced tea, water, and beer.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net