[rescue] Re: Unemployment on the Rescue List?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Sep 26 13:06:33 CDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:54:09 -0500
Brian Dunbar wrote:

> > worse is the carbonation.  My wife has been doing some research on
> > it because of various problems in my family (autism spectrum
> > disorder for myself and at least one of the two kids).  Apparently,
> > the carbonation leeches trace minerals and cuts down the amount of
> > oxygen your hemoglobin can deliver.
>
> Yuck.  Got any links to the carbonation is bad for you stuff?  I can
> google, of course.

I've recently given up soda cold-turkey.  I haven't drunk anything but
diet soda in years, but even at that I gave it up.  Partly due to a
discussion on another list, and partly just to see what would happen.

One effect  of not drinking diet soda has been that I have, now, almost
*no* heartburn.  Ever.  Used to be that, after a spaghetti dinner with
red sauce (common in my house) I'd end up awake at 2:00am in
excrutiating pain.  Now, nothing.  I also tend not to snore as much for
some reason.

I can't tell you that I feel more energized, but I can say that what
energy I do have tends to last much longer.

I won't say this will work for everyone, but it's worth a shot.  All
you're going to lose is soda....

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."