[rescue] Re: Unemployment on the Rescue List?

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Fri Sep 26 12:41:40 CDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 08:16:31AM -0400, Michael Schiller wrote:

> I just got out of the hospital after my second heart attack in 4 years!
> (almost to the day, first one was 9/30/99 this one was 9/22/03. Now I
> have 2 stents in my heart, in the LAD for anyone that knows medical
> stuff. I had a 70% blockage, and the old stent needed to be reopened as
> well, as it was blocked by 40%. I have to take it easy for the next
> couple of weeks, can't lift anything over 10#, yatta yatta yatta. I
> guess this time I should really think about quitting smoking, and I've
> already switched to drinking diet soda (I go thru a 12 pack of Coke a
> day) in an attempt to get into better overall health.

Ouch!  Good wishes on the recovery!

As a fellow over-consumer of soda, I feel obligated to warn you that while
the sugar in non-diet soda is not terribly healthy, what ends up being much
worse is the carbonation.  My wife has been doing some research on it
because of various problems in my family (autism spectrum disorder for
myself and at least one of the two kids).  Apparently, the carbonation
leeches trace minerals and cuts down the amount of oxygen your hemoglobin
can deliver.

Something to think about.  I'm trying to make the effort to switch to
iced tea, now, but prying the cola out of my fingers is really hard.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
"Aikido is based around the central precept of letting an attack take its