[rescue] Re: Unemployment on the Rescue List?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Sep 26 11:38:23 CDT 2003

Currently in my 25th month of unemployment, physically disabled with
little chance of any successful medical solution in sight, and every
time I get an interview, something or other happens and the job goes
away.  But I'm not "officially" unemployed because my unemployment
benefits have run out, and not "officially" disabled according to the
Social Security Administration, despite being confined to a wheelchair,
because I'm "capable of learning a new profession".  This is the
government way to end problems -- you just define the unemployed as no
longer unemployed, and the disabled as not disabled.