[rescue] SunPCi 3 card

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Sep 26 10:13:02 CDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:32:57 +0100 (BST)
Chris Powell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone using a Sun PCi 3 card - this is the latest PC on an PCI
> card with a 1.4GHz Athlon.
>
> Just wondering if this would be a viable option for video editing
> (the card has a Firewire connection). Would be nice to constrain
> a PC into an Ultra 30 chassis :) I assume the card would work OK
> in an Ultra - specs only say the card is compatible with Blades.

I have a SunPCi2 card in my Tatung U60 running just fine.  I would
assume that, if it is advertised to work in a 'Blade, that it should
work in a U30/60/80.

I reserve the right to be horribly wrong though.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."