Unemployment on the Rescue List? (was RE: [rescue] FS: SGI Power Indigo2)

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 26 09:32:57 CDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 06:45:21AM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:

> FWIW doing I/T just for my own enjoyment is fine but I'm moving out of
> it as a career.  I'm tired of the growing idiocy.

The problem for a lot of us is that is the only skill we have that will
pay the bills.

I can't even maintain expenses and rent with most jobs that I can find.

Years ago, a warehouse or grocery store job would keep you fed and
a roof over your head.  Now people I see are having to live 3 to
a house if that's all the job they have.

Locally, our economy was already struggling, and now we've got hundreds
of millions of dollars in hurricane damage on top of it all.

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com