[rescue] Hacking Linux since.....

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Sep 25 22:29:49 CDT 2003

I first played with linux in 1994 I think.  I remember kernel
0.9.7, and I think the distro I ran was SLS 1.03 as I recall.

And all that running on a 486DX2/66.  Had a heck of a time with
the Diamond Stealth in it and its "custom" clock chip.  I had
a hack that didn't quite work, but if I booted first to Windows
3.1 at 1024x768, then rebooted into Linux, it worked.

Didn't really have a network back then, so I didn't do much with
it other than check out Linux and be able to say "I can run
UNIX on my PC"....

Still have the CD around... I keep intending to install it onto
something to show my friends that didn't see Linux back in those
days.

-- Curt