[rescue] Hacking Linux since.....

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Sep 25 20:15:36 CDT 2003

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 06:10  AM, Kevin wrote:

> I started with linux back in 1995 too.  With a version
> of Slackware that came with the "LINUX Unleashed" book.
> I didn't know anything about *nix, i just wanted to
> be able to run Radiance.  Those were the days....
>
> /KRM

Mine was the blue Matt Welsh book "Linux Installation and Getting
Started" and the early (Nov 1995) Infomagic 5 CD set which included
Slackware 3.0, Redhat 2.1, and a version of Debian that everyone tells
me doesn't exist, but I did instal it (YES I have the CD's on my
bookshelf and just checked)... it says Debian 1.0... and it was 1.2.13
based, but still a.out unlike the other two which were ELF at that
point.

Andrew