[rescue] fddi equipment on e-bay...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 25 11:52:27 CDT 2003

Hello again....

I found this ethernet/fddi hub on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3049044709&category=11184

I am running a pretty basic setup right now at home (cable
modem - 4 port router/wireless access point). I'm assuming
I could just use this FDDI/ethernet hub to up-link to my
router, then use the fddi connection to my Indigo2 correct?
 I'm very curious about fddi after doing some reading on
the 'net. Seems like the hardware is extremely cheap, yet
screamin fast.

Thanks for the help, networking is not my strongest area..

- Chris

P.S. The same seller has a lot of 5 of these up for sale -
starting bid is $10.00...