[rescue] RS6K crossover serial cable pinout

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Thu Sep 25 07:00:44 CDT 2003

> I am assuming also that the console output defaults to serial 1 or is
> this configurable?
>
> I am not that familiar with IBM kit only a 6150 from my dim and distant
> passed.  The back of the R6K as you probably know has the K M and T I/O
> I presume relates to keyboard, mouse and terminal (terminal for a head
> if I had one I presume).

I don't know about configurable. I'm not real familiar with this stuff,
either. The two boxes like this that I have do not have video. The first
serial port works on both of them for output.

I don't know if the output to serial depends on something being
disconnected (like the keyboard on a SPARC). Maybe Sridhar could tell
you (us)... ?

Depending on how difficult it is, it may be worth pulling the
framebuffer out if you still cannot get output to the serial port.

Or, long way around, if youhave passwords to get in, you could put it on
a network, snipp packets, find the IP address, configure a machine to be
on the same network, and telnet to it...

Steve