[rescue] RE: Advice on Octanes

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Wed Sep 24 16:19:41 CDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> Speaking of which, I discovered the other day that you can run a sinlge
> Xinerama session across monitors connected to multiple Sun Ray 1 terminals.
> If I can pick up some cheap Sun Rays on EBay, I'm going to build the
> ultimate X-terminal :-)

 So are you thinking an extra loooooooong display, or length and width (ie
Video Wall fashion?)

 I've had pretty good luck with the DMX proxy server constructing my video
walls, and SGI has apparently been busy with it as well, as it appears to
be a part of their OpenGL MultiPipe product.

 http://dmx.sourceforge.net/

 Now all I need is an SGI supported MultiPipe setup, and I'll be in
heaven.

---
 Matthew Haas
 Corning/Geneseo, NY