[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Sep 23 07:02:31 CDT 2003

I admit it, grin... i play with xmame on my Octane
about once a week or so.  It runs great by itself, but
on my R10k 225mhz, if i attempt to actually do anything
else while playing SF2 Alpha (under xmame) then it
grinds down to an unusable frame rate.  Even just
downloading a file or two with Netscape 4.x will give
these results.

And of course with the 225mhz R10k, doing any type of
3D rendering reminds me of time long past.  This is my
main workstation(at home) these days, so some time next
year i'm planning on sinking ~$1500 into a model with a
bit more CPU grunt.

/KRM

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:15:53 -0500