[rescue] Looking for genealogy software.

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Sep 21 16:18:04 CDT 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Arjen Ronhaar wrote:

> I just bought me an Indigo2 R4400 at 200, and i wondered if there are any
> goor genealogy programs for Unix?

None that I've found, but if you ever run into any, let me know!  I
need to get my fiancei off Windows.

> Or maybe a programable database program?

http://www.postgresql.org/  <-- All the database you'd ever want.
http://www.mysql.org/       <-- Less capable, but easier to use.

If you mean something like Microsoft Access, I don't know.  There
probably is something, but software like that is surprisingly less
useful in the Unix frame of mind.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols