[rescue] Strange results on a Teal Indigo^2...

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Thu Sep 18 17:04:36 CDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, rob wrote:

> Just play, then leave it playing, while you use another computer. It's
> completely random, but should suddenly go BZZZZZZZZZ within 30 minutes.
> (good idea just to play it with the internal speaker, save sending a
> brutal sound wave thru any nice hifi equipment ;)
>
> Move the mouse or press any key, and it'll stop. Wait, and then same again.

 Sometimes mine (Teal Indigo2 R4400 @ 250MHz) would go for several hours
before I would encounter the "BUZZ", but yeah... just tape the mouse or
generate some significant I/O and it returns to normal.

 Mine was weird.. it would sometimes act up in bursts, then other times
go for hours without a problem.

 I got so used to it that I developed almost a natural instinct to tap the
mouse.

---
 Matthew Haas
 Corning/Geneseo, NY