[rescue] Strange results on a Teal Indigo^2...

rob rob at dsvr.net
Thu Sep 18 16:37:27 CDT 2003

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- rob <rob at dsvr.net> wrote:
>
>>On the subject of your R4400 at 250, do you get a timeout/buz when left
>>playing tunes (mp3 or CDs) ?
>>
>>I do on my Impact, and have a page setup which describes my solution.
>>
>>I'm just interested to know if you get it on an Teal I2.
>>
>>http://reality.dsvr.net/irix/indigo2_lockup_workaround/
>

> I don't play MP3s on my Indigo, but I'll give it a try, to test out
> your problem...

Just play, then leave it playing, while you use another computer. It's
completely random, but should suddenly go BZZZZZZZZZ within 30 minutes.
(good idea just to play it with the internal speaker, save sending a
brutal sound wave thru any nice hifi equipment ;)

Move the mouse or press any key, and it'll stop. Wait, and then same again.