[rescue] Big Honkin' Drives

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Sep 17 21:54:50 CDT 2003

On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 04:55 PM, Al Potter wrote:

> So, after pondering this very question for a while, I think there are a
> couple of answers, depending on your rescue-purity(tm).
>
> 	- Generic 19" storage trays, hold 4 discs.  Trouble anymore with this
> 	and last option is finding one.

I have several of these that I would offer to rescuers for
shipping plus a couple of bucks for my trouble.  They are
~3U in height, and have two bus connections and two PSUs
in them.  They came out of the server room at $JOB-1 and
used to have 1/2 height Barracudas in them plus CD-ROM and
tape drive.  These trays were made by Parity Systems.

I toyed with swapping the internal cables from 50-pin to
68-pin, but didn't get that far (the story of my computing
project life :-/).

=Nadine=