[rescue] Big Honkin' Drives

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Sep 13 18:46:42 CDT 2003

An external scsi enclosure....

I have two mounted in one.  I do software mirroring across them with
Sun's DiskSuite product.  It is a small fileserver (cpu wise, space
wise... but not physically :-) ).

If you don't end up doing anything with them, let me know... I'd
probably take them off your hands for what you paid...

I may have a SCSI enclosure available that will take two 5.25" full
height devices... it would be wired for narrow SCSI... so if your
drives are wide you'd have to use adapters or get a new internal
cable and rewire the chassis for wide scsi (which is what I did with
the enclosure I used).  Let me know if your interested, and I'll go
checking to see if I do indeed still have one that will take two
of those, and I'll let you know what I'd want for it.

-- Curt

>From: "brooke" <brooke at gravitt.org>
>To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:34:38 -0400
>Subject: [rescue] Big Honkin' Drives
>
>OK, I picked up a couple of drives on ebay, they're 23 GB SCSI sCa full
>-height drives. They only cost me a dollar plus shipping. I greatly
>underestimated the size of these things! They're  like 5 & 1/4 inches wide
>and 60 feet tall!
>
>What in hell am I going to put these things in? Any ideas?

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks

rescue at
t       a
e       w
n       k
.niatnuom

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices