[rescue] The Verisign Exploit

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Wed Sep 17 20:51:35 CDT 2003

> Verisign=Puke

Seems that reading about them leads one to believe that they are less
than honorable in their business practices. Wired says that Better
Business Bureau in Silicon Valley rates them unsat.

>>>Don't need that.  Just add an entry to /etc/hosts for
>>>sitefinder.verisign.com that redirects to localhost or a site of your
>>
>>That'll work for the web, but won't do anything for mail or any other
>>nasty surprises lurking caused by this insanity.

Here at home, I just implemented the delegation-only patch from ISC and
it seems to work OK in the limited half hour of testing I have done.
Happy to provide more info for anyone interested.

Steve