[rescue] Vaxstation 3100 and NetBSD

Michael Free mfree80286 at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 13 13:10:26 CDT 2003

I've seen some Vaxen posts here and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I recently repaired a hardware issue on my vaxstation 3100 and now I'm ready
to actually start using the thing, but I can't for the life of me figure out
what's wrong with my setup that I can't boot from a NetBSD 1.5 or 1.6.1 CD.
I've followed the instructions.... the CD drives themselves are older ones
that are capable of 512 byte blocks... but it always seems to hang or fail.

I've been through almost all the permutations of the boot command, the latest
attempt being boot/100 dka400 and calling boot.vax as the bootfile. I really
wish this was better documented.

Any ideas? If need be I can get you the information from the boot failure
screens....

Mike Free