[rescue] UK Give Away: Sun 4/110's

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Sep 12 16:12:24 CDT 2003

Hope somebody grabs those... as you can drop a 4/600MP board in there,
a couple sun4m procs, and with some trickery, run at least Solaris 8
on there (I haven't tried 9 yet, but I suspect it will work just as well,
as long as you know how to get it to bypass the check for unsupported
platform).

Not to mention, any Sun VME setup you throw in that will run something
like NetBSD or OpenBSD nicely.... or an old Classic SunOS 4.X box !

-- Curt

>Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:06:44 +0100 (BST)
>From: Kevan Heydon <kevan at heydon.org>
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] UK Give Away: Sun 4/110's
>
>I have couple of 4/110's that are looking for a home as I no longer have
>space for them in my collection. One has a mono frame buffer and 16meg of
>memory, and boots to the '>' prompt. The other has a color frame buffer
>and 20meg of memory but it never gets to a '>' prompt. Everything seems ok
>when the diag switch is enabled so I am not quite sure what is going on.
>
>Ideally I would prefer collection from Cambridge but I can be flexible as
>I want to get rid of them pretty quickly. They have to leave the house
>soon, either to another collector or to the local dump.
>
>--
>Kevan

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks

rescue at
t       a
e       w
n       k
.niatnuom

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices