[rescue] Boneheaded Designs (was: Mozilla, WPOISON, perl,

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Sep 8 23:07:10 CDT 2003

> Speaking of boneheaded design moves, I just opened up a StorageWorks
> canister.  Wow.  That's the most complicated piece of flexcable I've
> seen...uhm...anywhere.  How does one keep things from completely
> self-destructing when you muck around with them a few times?  Or was
> that a design goal?

They used flexcable for a couple of reasons.  The first is to save room.
I've got one of the non-flexcable adapters and the bulk of the cable does
get in the way.  The second reason is the flexcable can be more easily
routed in the SBB because the flexcable does not need to be bent and
forced.

If you are careful with them they won't break.  Never pull on the flexcable
to remove the connector; use a small screwdriver to work the connector out
of the socket.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net